Pages

Love & read

May 16, 2015

Photo a Day May.

Day 15 - love.  Love might automatically bring into one's mind a connection to another person, family or relatives....maybe even a pet. For me, in my current life situation, there isn't really conventional love present as I don't have family ties nor close relationships to my relatives - but, this doesn't mean I don't have love in my life. I believe that love can be an attitude, and when you go through certain things in your life and sort of come to a place of ...I don't know what to call it; emptiness, but in a good way ?.....you suddenly realize that you can find love everywhere around you. Love, for me, right now is nature - the water, the forest, the smell of spring in the air. It fills me up in a way that I feel can very well be described as love

On my walk today around my island. LOVE.
Day 16 - what you're reading. I'm halfway through a book called The Art Of Happiness, which is based on conversations and interviews between an American writer and psychiatrist Howard C. Cutler and Dalai Lama. Even though it says on the book cover that this is a Handbook for Living, I don't view this book as your standard Self-Help publication. I'm not religious but if I was, I would probably practice Buddhism....and many things about Buddhist views resonate with me to the core, so perhaps that's why I so enjoy and eagerly read about the Dalai Lama's take on life, suffering and happiness. The book is an interesting conversation between a Western psychiatrist who obviously has his own very -umm, Western- background, schooling and views...and Dalai Lama, someone who comes from an entirely different place, externally and internally.








No comments :

Post a Comment